What is the FIRO-B®?
The FIRO-B® (Fundamental Interpersonal Relations Orientation- Behavior) instrument is a personality assessment that measures how you typically behave with other people and how you expect them to act towards you. Its interpretation can dramatically increase your understanding of behavior in areas such as the following:
- How you come across to others, and why this may be the way you see yourself or your impression you might want to make.
- How and why conflict develops between well-meaning people
- How to understand your own needs and how to manage them as you interact with others.
The FIRO-B® instrument, first developed in the late of 1950s, is now one of the most widely used tools of helping people better understand themselves and how they can work more effectively with others.
The FIRO- B®:
- Shows current patterns of interpersonal behavior and expectations
- Raises questions about how satisfied or dissatisfied you are with these patterns
- Suggests alternative ways of behaving to increase your effectiveness if you are not satisfied with your current patterns.
- Helps in understanding team dynamics and leadership.
The FIRO- B® is used in:
- Personal development
- Individual and couple counseling
- Management development
- Career development
- Team building and development